Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

... where credit is do


I have spent almost an entire year expressing my disdain for Rex Ryans 'all or nothing' approach this season. As a rookie headcoach in the biggest media market in the world his big talking was very dangerous. By the end of November it stated to look like Rex might have talked himself out of a job. The team was losing game after game vs. inferior competition. Sanchez was struggling and I was not only worried about 2009, but I was looking ahead as well.

I called for Mike Tannenbaums job when it looked like there was no chance of making the playoffs this season. Things have worked out better than anyone could have predicted... everyone except for Rex Ryan. Coach made it clear from day one that our goal as a team was to win the Superbowl. He did nothing but express his overwhelming confidence in this squad, including his rookie QB.

I went on record regarding what a mistake I thought it was to start Sanchez from day #1. History tells us that rookie QB's are mistake prone and their ego's can be very fragile. Again, I was focused on the long term instead of today. Rex has his team playing like a well oiled machine, and he does an outstanding job of making sure they take things one game at a time.

I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong. Mr. T and Rex have pulled a rabbit from a hat in 2009, and they have laid the ground work for a very bright future. As a fan you have to be excited about the next 3-4 seasons. We have some great young players and coaches. We have hit some homeruns in the draft, and the decisions to hire Rex and retain Shotty as our offensive coordinator were brilliant.

I will always have a opinion as a fan, but I must say... being dead wrong has never felt so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment