Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our remaining schedule...


On April 15th when the NFL schedule was released I gave my predictions, without even knowing who our QB would be.... even before we drafted Dirty Sanchez. ( My schedule breakdown and predictions )

I have been a little off so far. I expected us to be 4-2 right now, and we are 3-3. However, I do expect us to split the season series with our AFC East opponents. I thought we would lose to the Pats early and get them back later in the season... I also thought we would beat the Bills and Dolphins early and they would get us back later. If you swap those predictions and we still end up 3-3 in our division our overall record works out the same. 8-8 at best and no playoffs.

The next two games are:

@ Oakland
vs. Miami

I see win and win.... God willing. If we drop one of these games especially against the Raiders, the press is going to burry Rex and Mark.

After that we have:

Bye
vs. Jacksonville
@ New England
vs. Carolina
@ Buffalo (Canada)

I see us as being 3-1 during this 4 game stretch with a loss to the Pats. 8-4 after 12 would be a blessing. The Buffalo game will be in Canada and I see it as a dangerous one. But I just can't see the Bills sweeping us.

The final four games are almost as challenging as our opening four:

@Tampa
vs. Atlanta
@ Indy
vs. Cincinnati

The Tampa game will be a big deal for us. That team could be 0-12 at that point, they are 0-6 right now. Thats a dangerous situation because NFL players have a lot of pride. If we somehow drop this one I think we could go 0-4 down the stretch. Atlanta and Indy are excellent well rounded teams, and the Bengals will be fighting for their playoff lives.

If we were to pull out Tampa and Cincinnati we could end up somewhere around 9-7 or even 10-6. It's very important that if we are aiming for a wildcard that we beat the Bills and Dolphins next time around.

To be perfectly honest, if we don't win the next two it could send us into a downward spiral and we might end up below .500. My best prediction remains the same as April 15th.... 8-8 and no playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment