Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Epic MNF Battle: The NY Jets vs. the Miami Dolphins


Listen, we are not going to win every game this season, I was sure we would split our season series with Miami this year. They are not a horrible team, but we are better. They used every play and every trick up their collective sleeves, and they squeaked out a win in the final seconds. I feel 100% confident that we will beat them in the meadowlands in a few weeks. We will get them back.

I feel a little better today than I did last night. I was outraged by the defensive play calling and that something I never thought I would say with Rex as our coach. Why we didn't blitz Miami's inexperienced QB I just can't understand for the life of me. A few defensive players did stand out. Bryan Thomas has officially decided to put in some effort this year and he is showing his talent. Kris Jenkins also looked like a beast as he terrorized The Dolphins center all night.

Kerry Rhodes, Sean Ellis, and Dwight Lowery were no where to be found. I have become so disgusted with Rhodes blown coverages and half-ass arm tackles. I am really starting to believe he consciously avoids contact in some cases. He had an OK game in N'orlins last week, and I had some hope he was on his way to an impact season. Guess not.

I was also shocked by the way Miami just ran the ball at will. I was disappointed by Calvin Pace's conditioning. He was sucking wind even in the first quarter and I have to question how he handled he handled his time off.

The non-call on the intentional grounding on the next to last play made my blood boil. That final play should have been run from the 11 yard line, which would have resulted in a field goal.

You can't win em' all. I was as frustrated with yesterdays game as anyone else, but we need to make sure not to blow things out of proportion. All I ask is that this ridiculous talk about the Jets being the 'best" defense in the league come to an end. We are a talented squad, but we are never going to be the top D with slackers like Rhodes and Ellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment