Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Revisiting my 2010 draft thoughts..


A day before the 2010 draft, where we had a late 1st round pick and sadly took Kyle Wilson, I posted my draft analysis. It's not perfect, but the final break down was surprisingly accurate for an amateur like me. Here it is: My final toughts on the 2010 draft
 
"Stars: Bryan Bulaga Tackle, Jimmy Clausen QB, Joe Haden CB, Sergio Kindle OLB, Jerry Hughes LB, Demarius Thomas WR, Charles Brown Tackle, Colt Mccoy QB, Nate Allen safety, Mardy Gilyard WR, Linval Joseph DE/DT.
 
Busts: Sam Bradford (injury issues and the Rams are a horrible organization... if he went to a different team my opinion may change), Eric Berry safety, Taylor Mays safety, Jared Odrick DE, Tim Teabow QB, Anthony Davis tackle, Arrelious Been WR, Golden Tate WR, Jahvid Best RB."
 
There's a few guys on there who will be available this offseason including Bulaga, Clausen and Hughes. I have expressed interest in Clausen and Hughes, Bulaga has proven to be too injury prone for my taste.
 
If you look at the list of "Stars" a bunch of them have panned out and even guys like McCoy and Joseph proved to be good values considering where they were picked. My only big miss was Gilyard.
 
If you look at the list of "Busts" Berry was the only guy I totally got wrong, and all of those guys were projected 1st rounders. I still consider Tate and Davis busts because they have taken so long to develop. Tate didn't make his mark until this year.
 
Ultimately I wanted the Jets to pick Hughes at #29... and he was available. He started his career slow, but I think it was because he was with the wrong team.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment