Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Final Draft Thoughts... and the perfect spot for Big Ben


I have posted some in depth "analysis of this years draft"... Translation: I have posted my opinions. We can call it what we like, I wanted to post a list of guys who I see as future stars and a few future busts.

Stars: Bryan Bulaga Tackle, Jummy Clausen QB, Joe Haden CB, Sergio Kindle OLB, Jerry Hughes LB, Demarius Thomas WR, Charles Brown Tackle, Colt Mccoy QB, Nate Allen safety, Mardy Gilyard WR, Linval Joseph DE/DT.

Busts: Sam Bradford (injury issues and the Rams are a horrible organization... if he went to a different team my opinion may change), Eric Berry safety, Taylor Mays safety, Jared Odrick DE, Tim Teabow QB, Anthony Davis tackle, Arrelious Been WR, Golden Tate WR, Jahvid Best RB.

My top 5 overall would be Jimmy Clausen, Bryan Bulaga, Jerry Hughes, Joe Haden, and Charles Brown. i rank them because of the overall value of their position and how I see them as long term starters. I think Clausen can make it in the NFL and it doesn't matter what team takes him. By this time tomorrow we should know who the top ten are.

On another note...

I find it fascinating that the Steelers are seriously shopping Big Ben. They are looking for a top 10 pick. So far the Bills and Rams have made it clear they are not interested. I have to scratch my head on that one. If you can get a guy like #7 for a 1st round pick... straight up with no add ons, you jump on that. Look what Chicago gave up for Cutler.

Teams that should be fighting to make this trade happen are obvious... Rams, Bills, Raiders, Jaguars, 49ers, Cardinals. Arizona is the perfect fit for Ben. You will only lose him for the first 4 games. If they offered their #26 overall pick, a 2nd in 2011 and Matt Lienhart I think it could happen.

You start Derick Anderson for the first few games, and then use Big Ben for your final 12 games. They have the easiest schedule, so they can afford to play without #7. They open week 1 against the Rams (win), week 2 is against Atlanta (loss) week 3 is the Raiders (win), and finally San Diego (loss). They should be 2-2 by the time Big Ben is back. Lets not forget who his offensive coordinator was during his first two years in the league. Make it happen Wisenhunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment