Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

48 hours until draft time... don't make this mistake again


Ok, it's starting to look pretty clear... it's all coming into focus. The Jets will do one of two things with the #29 overall pick. They will take Jared Odrick if he is still on the board, or they will try and trade out of the first round and pick up some later picks.

Who would want to trade up and why? Tampa or Kansas City are the only two teams that really have the hardware to make a move. They both have two second rounders and that would probably be the price to leap frog into the late first round. Players like Taylor Mays, Jerry Hughes, Tim Teabow, Demayius Thomas and Charles Brown are all very attractive and may very well still be available at #29. Both of the afore mentioned teams have a TON of holes to fill and I would be shocked if either gave up two valuable picks to land one player.

For the NYJ's it would be a no brainer. In a very deep draft this scenario would leave us with 3 second round picks. I would go for Mardy Gilyard the WR from Cincinnati, Linval Joseph the DE from East Carolina, and Nate Allen the safety from South Florida.

And, to be clear, I will rank Jerry Hughes as my top prospect for the NYJ. I have said it before, but I think we are now in a position to take the best player available. If Hughes survives the first 28 picks, I say we take him and try to dump Vernon Gholston for a late round pick. I think Mr. T will take Odrick, Mays or Hughes if any of them are still on the board... probably in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment