Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Some future stars & busts in the 2015 draft...

Every year I like to post some players who stand out to me in the draft. In the past I have shown a pretty good eye for who are the guys who translate well into the pros and who won't.

Here's this years list, and for the record, they are all not a perfect fit for the Jets, but they are all going to shine.

Kevin White, I think he is the best WR in this draft. My only reservation is that he disappeared in some games during his time in college. He is easily frustrated. But he is a rare specimen.

Dante Fowler JR... may be the Kahlil Mack of 2015. Well rounded.

Shane Ray... my pick for the Jets. He is a long term starter. I think he's a cut above Calvin Pace and will be more consistently productive.

Brandon Schreff... best O-linemen in the draft. Period. Should be top 10. For the record, if I'm the Bucs and I can't trade that pick, I take him.

La' el Collins. You'll hear this name for a long time. 10 year starter.

D.J. Humphries. If you needed to completely rebuild an O-line you have 3 perfect guys in the first round here.

Owamagbe Odighizuwa... the next Demarcus Ware. Yup, I said it.

Laken Tomlinson... 1st round talent that will be available in the early 2nd. Maybe one of the best values in the draft.

Byron Jones, CB, another 1st rounder that will slip.

Dorial Green-Beckham.... not a 1st rounder because of the Josh Gordon like concerns, but he's a s good as Dez Bryant. No question. Mid second rounder is where I'd pull the trigger.

Some more names, Eli Harold DE/OLB, Philip Dorsett WR (my pick for the Jets), Ali Marpet OT, Garrett Grayson QB, Nick O'Leary TE, Kyle Emanuel ILB, Duke Johnson (my pick for the Jets), Jay Ajayi RB (LOVE this guy, perfect for the Cowboys), Obum Gwachum DE/OLB, John Miller G, Ellis McCarthy DT, Josh Robinson RB, Cody Riggs CB  and Bryan Bennett QB.

Finally some busts...

Victor Beasley (especially if he goes to a 3-4 team), Winston/Mariota, Gurley/ Gordon (Gurley won't stay healthy and Gordon won't live up to his draft spot... like Mark Ingram), Amari Cooper (at best a #2 WR), and Devin Funchess... don't think anyone will know how to use him.

No comments:

Post a Comment