Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thats why you don't SHARE a goddamn stadium...


The NY Giants will play the inaugural game in the new "Giants Stadium". Big shocker! The league held a secret coin toss and supposedly the Giants won. Our owner Woody Johnson is livid... and I hope he can't sleep for weeks. Yes you idiot, you just spent 800 million of your money to build the new Giants stadium! Hope you are happy with the arrangement now. I have been criticizing this whole thing for four years, and it took until today for Woody to realize this was a massive mistake. Over a month ago I posted my opinion on this whole debacle and made it clear that I have no intentions of paying for tickets on any regular basis anymore ( Last Months Post ).

There are some things I would share. If we went on a picnic together, I would feel very comfortable about sharing my ham sandwich with you. I'd tare it in half, and because I am such a good hearted generous person, I would even give you the larger half. It wouldn't bother me.... because the freaking sandwich didn't cost me 800 million dollars. Also, you wouldn't care which half you got either... because I didn't charge you tens of thousands of dollars for a PSL to sit on the picnic blanket! You don't share stadiums... and thats all I have to say. Enjoy being second best to the Giants for another 30 years Woody. I can't wait until we win the Superbowl and we don't get the home opener the following season because the Giants win a magic coin toss again. LOL, you are a brilliant man Mr. Johnson.

Oh, and BTW... Ladanian Tomlinson is a NY Jet. Wow, Ronnie Lott, Boomer Esiason and Brett Favre must be worried that they might each get bumped down a notch on the all-time "Most washed up vet to ever sign a contract with the Jets" list. LT made my "5 most Hated Players (active) list" last year ( 5 losers ). He simply has no heart. He peaked in 2006 and it's been downhill from there. The big question is: why dump an old 1400 yard rusher for an old 700 yard rusher? The answer is obvious. To make headlines and to sell seats and jerseys. No one cares about Thomas Jones, his own mother probably doesn't watch his games. Everyone has heard of LT. Thats the whole equation.

Best case scenario... Greene stays healthy, Washington makes a comeback and LT gets paid a bunch of cash to watch and occasionally catch a few passes out of the backfield. He could be useful in pressure situations and in the post season if he stays healthy. There is no substitute for experience and Greene is still very green (hardy har har). LT is saying all the right stuff... he wants to win a championship... he is OK with being a role player... his production dropped last year because of a weak O-line and a pass happy offense. If he is stays in the background he could be helpful I guess.

Worst case scenario... Greene goes down early, maybe even pre-season. Washington is a shell of his former self. We turn to LT and Chauncey Washington to lead our running attack. LT averages 2.7 yards per carry and Chancey sets the all-time single season fumble record. We go 6-10 and draft a RB with our #1 pick in 2011. Also, all of our 2011 home games are blacked out because NO ONE wants to pay for tickets to see another "re-building" Jets team at the new Giants Stadium.

Stop trying to make headlines and start landing us some real impact players Mr. T. I must say that I am shocked that there is still no official name for the new stadium only months before it's opening. I expect another war between Woody and the Mara's... that Woody will lose. Can't wait until our first game at 'Gifford Filed". LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment