Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

QB carousel... TJ signs with KC... and Jared Odrick


Mark Sanchez is our franchise QB, but in my opinion the 2nd most important roster spot on any NFL squad is the back-up QB. This position gets sooooo overlooked. Currently we have Kevin O'Connell, Kellen Clemens and Eric Ainge all trying to land the coveted #2 spot. I know absolutely nothing about O'Connell and I know too much about Clemens. I'd dump them both and make a move for recently released Brown's QB Derek Anderson. He has a history with Braylon Edwards and it was only a few short years ago that they set the AFC ablaze and both made the probowl. If Sanchez (who has already shown he is injury prone) were to go down for any length of time, I think Anderson would be able to take the reigns with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. Sanchez, Anderson and Ainge would make me feel very confident heading into 2010.

Thomas Jones has signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. I am so glad he didn't land in chowderville. KC has made it clear from their very first press release that Jones will back up Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs know they have something special in the 23 year old HB out of Texas. I highlighted him as one of my players to watch last year at this time ( Teams and players to watch in 2009 ). The Chiefs new headcoach and GM didn't have the balls to start him on opening day and it took them 7 games to finally give him that chance. He ended up starting only 10 games and still put up over 1500 all purpose yards including a blistering final four games punctuated by a 259 yard rushing performance week 17. Jones and Charles should do very well together in Arrowhead.

Finally I will make a quick observation regarding Jared Odrick the pass rusher from Penn Sate. He's 6'5" 305lbs and has a devastating burst off the ball. I am not a fan of his off the field issues and he has some serious work to do with his overall technique. He really will struggle against the monster tackles in the NFL. I am sticking with my pick Jerry Hughes with the #29 overall pick. However, I have a feeling Mr. T will try to trade up. I am sure Rex is drooling over the prospect of landing Ndamukong Suh out of Nebraska and Tannenbaum just likes to make a splash. He could play a role much like Haloti Ngata in Baltimore. His name is KONG.... perfect for a D-linemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment