Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My 5 most hated players...(active)


Here's 5 players I just don't like.

I root against these guys and like to see them fail. I wont mention any Patriots because I obviously hate all N.E. players.

#5) Jason Taylor: This guy may be the most naturally talented player of the past 15 years. He played hard and is a future HOF'er. That being said, this guy hates the NY Jets with a passion, was a thorn in our side for over a decade, and has overstayed his welcome in the NFL. He is hanging around because he's afraid of life after football. Reminds me of a QB from Mississippi. Retire already!

#4) Laveranues Coles: He was my favorite Jet starting his rookie year and his break out game when he scored his first TD in the NFL. 'The Miracle in the Meadowlands' was an amazing moment in Jets history and the first time I ever noticed Coles. In 2002 he and Pennington forged an amazing bond and made a nice playoff run. The future looked bright. He decided to leave for greener pastures in Washington at the most inopportune time... for the Jets and his career. He was a bust for the Redskins and we made a move to bring him back to NY and reunite him with Pennington. Chad even renegotiated his contract to free up cap space to give Coles a raise.

He gave us 4 underachieving years and a new headache every offseason as he cried about his contract. The Jets finally cut ties with him and I for one am thrilled. Chrebet took him under his wing during his formative years in this league and it showed on the field. Laveranues played with heart but was a cancer to his team off of it. He really alienated his fans and now he's joined that dysfunctional family in Cincinnati... where he fits in well.

3) Ladainian Tomlinson: I loved him when he was the best player in football... in 2005. It's 2009 and he may not even be the best RB on his own team anymore. I think LT lost me during the 07' AFC Championship game when he took himself out of the game because he wasn't "100%" as he put it. Watching his team struggle, and not having the fight to tough it out, showed he has lost the fire.

2) Larry Johnson: One fluke season running behind a legendary O-line assembled by Dick Vermeil and he was crowned as the next great running back in the NFL. I was skeptical and I have always had the same policy. Put together 3 outstanding seasons and I will recognize you as a great player. That holds true for Adrian Peterson as well. His first two years in this league have been mind blowing, but one simple injury like turf toe and he will be forgotten about and on the scrap heap like Shawn Alexander. Johnson has one last chance this season to make something of his career. I don't think he has the heart.

1) Philip Rivers: He is an upper echelon QB, he's just has no sportsmanship. I would be miserable if my child was growing up and his favorite player was Rivers. He's the worst example of how to behave on the field in the NFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment