Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Young: Play me or Trade me!

Finally Vince Young has stepped up and demanded to be on the field again.







I feel 100% that jeff Fisher did not want to draft Young in the first place and has a personal vendetta against this young QB. Obviously Kerry Collins  is not the future of this team. I think Fisher might be looking to move on to a life after football and is only interested in making one more run for a ring. Frankly, I think 10+ years without a Superbowl is long enough to know he isn't going to bring you one. Vince Young is the future of that franchise... to let him sit and waste away on the bench is the wrong move for the Titans and a disservice to the NFL as a whole. Fisher needs to play this kid or trade him.  

Where would he fit nicely?... funny you should ask. I think the top two destinations for Young would be the Houston Texans and the Buffalo Bills. Houston passed on Young in 06' and has no established QB to speak of. The Matt Schaub experiment seems to be a failure. If Gary Kubiack has any guts he would pursue Young and modify his zone blocking system to fit a mobile QB. 

I would love to see a strong armed signal caller like Young play with a legitimate #1 WR like Andre Johnson. The Houston defense has improved year after year and Young could be the missing piece to their puzzle. I'm sure the Texas football fans will welcome Young back with open arms. 

As for Buffalo, I think Young would fit in well with playmakers like Owens, Evans, Parrish, and Lynch. That could become one hell of a dynamic offense. Do I want to see Buffalo get better.... NO!, but you can't debate that he would fit in nicely there. 

I am a big Vince Young fan. I watched this special player dominate in college, and frankly I feel if he was white he would be treated much differently. If everything about his resume and past were the same, if his physical skills and natural leadership ability were the same, if his intelligence and reputation off the field were the same... and his skin was white... he would have been given more time to develop just like Eli Manning and Jay Cutler and would have never been benched. He also would have been the #1 pick in the draft instead of #3, no question. 

I know he needs to improve as a passer and make better decisions regarding when to stand in the pocket and when to run, but this guy has intangibles that cannot be ignored. I hope we get a chance to see him as a starter again this year..... somewhere.

J.Wagner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment