Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mark Sanchez... thoughts


So the Jets have traded Abrahm Elam, Kenyon Coleman, and Brett Ratliff the #17 overall pick, and our 2nd round pick for the #5 overall pick. This had been talked about and there is no secret that Woody Johnson is in love with Sanchez. 

I feel that we would have been better off keeping our pick and taking Knowshon Moreno. I have faith in Kellen Clemens. I also like Ratliff, but I am not heartbroken that he is gone. Loosing Elam is very hard for me to swallow. Dealing with Mangini is also sickening. We have done nothing to address the WR dept, and we don't pick again until the 3rd round. 

Make no mistake, this player was picked to sell PSL's. One trade senario that would have been amazing for us would have been to move up to 5 by trading this years and next years 1st round picks and the three players that were invloved for the #5 pick and Derek Anderson. Then we could have picked up Crabtree. 

However Anderson is not as flashy a move as moving up to snatch the USC prospect, and the Jets need flashy right now. Mark is here, he is a huge risk because he is unproven... but we need to have faith in our front office. Mr. T has put all his eggs in one basket for the 2009 draft and is career as the Jets GM.

I will root for Sanchez even though I disagree with the move and the reason why it was made. As a fan I have to have faith and believe. Hopefully we have our new leader and face of the franchise.   

Good Luck Mark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment