Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

1st post of 2015

So the Jets have been making a lot of moves, if you consider announcing who you would like to meet with moves. Not nearly enough interviews IMHO.

My lists of GM's and HC's has dwindled away quickly. My list of coaches has only 2 left who are possible candidates. Bowles and Del Rio. I was clear Bowles is my top choice. Another name in the mix now is Doug Marone. He quit his job with the Bills. Not especially interested in him. He has actually interviewed. Reports are Jets weren't impressed, but these reports are purely speculation.

As for the GM's, 3 of the 4 are available. My #1 choice DeCosta removed himself from consideration for any GM job this year. Sucks. My #2 choice, the guy I wanted last time when we hired Idzik instead is Tom Gamble from the Eagles and 49ers. He was unceremoniously fired last week by the Eagles and is 100% available. Jets have not reached out for an interview. Tobin and Pioli are also out there but the Jets aren't interested.

Gamble and Bowles would be a great pair. That's my choice moving forward. One other coaching candidate I'd add to my list is Kubiak from The Ravens. He has refused to interview with anybody because there is a big payoff game coming up in New England. Kudos to him. I hope we reach out to him.

The Jets seem very interested in Quinn the DC from Seattle, and they interviewed him last week. I like that he runs a 4-3 that will be much easier to find players to fit. BUT, he probably won't be available for a 2nd interview for a month (because Seattle is winning the SB again, I'm sure) and is in huge demand (frankly working for Woody isn't a hot position to take right now) and he wants to bring his own GM with him. That means we sit around until February to sign a guy who every team with an open HC position wants.

Another issue is that Seattle simply isn't producing any high level front office or coaches once they leave the Pacific North West. That douche in Jacksonville Bradley and Idzik have been total busts. It worries me.

Casserly has been pushing Mike Maccagnan from the Texans. He's terrible and I don't like that Casserly has personal ties to him. I think that organization is a mess, and I am not interested in a guy who's been on a losing team from day 1. Unfortunately I think he may be the guy.

I'm frustrated that the Jets haven't reached out to Mike Shanahan or Del Rio. Shanahan is interviewing everywhere, but not here. I am also very concerned that a few candidates for GM have declined interviews here, but are talking to other teams. It was a huge blunder by Woody to say he would consider hiring the coach 1st, and that he would make the final call on the HC. This guy is killing the Jets.

I will say this. Moving forward I will support any pair that Woody picks. I'm a Jets fan, and I want to get back to enjoying football. I certainly have zero say in what happens, so I will start to focus on the draft and free agency in upcoming posts and I will do my best not to be negative about whomever is coaching us in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment