Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Ladainian Tomlinson disgusts me!


I have shared my disdain and lack of respect for L.T. and his 'holier than thou' attitude many times. This past summer I listed my top 5 hated players. I wrote about the 2007 AFC championship game where L.T. took himself out of the game because he wasn't 100%:

"3) Ladainian Tomlinson: I loved him when he was the best player in football... in 2005. It's 2009 and he may not even be the best RB on his own team anymore. I think LT lost me during the 07' AFC Championship game when he took himself out of the game because he wasn't "100%" as he put it. Watching his team struggle, and not having the fight to tough it out, showed he has lost the fire."

Now he has another minor injury to his ankle and he has made it point to make it clear he won't consider playing at less than 100%.

"Hopefully it just keeps getting better and I start to do a little bit more every day," Tomlinson said. "I'm not going to go through what I went through last year, you know, out there playing at 70 percent, I'm not going to do that. I want to make sure it gets healthy and where I need it to be, and I can help this team out. We've got great depth right now." -LT

This guy represents everything that is wrong with pro-sports today. This league was built on players toughing it out through some of the worst injuries and players from 30 years ago certainly didn't get paid a fraction of what L.T. gets. He has dedicated about 10 years of his life to the NFL and he will be wealthily for the next 50 if he lives that long. Considering that he should be willing to give 100% even when he's not 100%.

He should also stop talking about depth and the other RB's on the team. You are the #1 top paid face of the franchise. I don't remember John Elway taking himself out and calling his back up off the bench. #7 could barley walk in the days after a game on Sunday in the final years of his career, but he kept fighting because he wanted nothing more than a ring. He ended up with two.

Call it a career and stop wasting the fans time and the owners money Mr. Tomlinson!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment