Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

... In the hoooooooouse of the riiiiiiisin' sun...


Sean Payton had some kind words for Rex Ryan and our rookie QB this offseason:

"If I had to choose one non-playoff team from last season that has a chance to make it into the 2009 postseason it would be the Jets. I think Rex Ryan will do a great job of creating a culture that lends itself to winning. I also love Sanchez as a young quarterback prospect. We will find out soon enough."- Sean Payton

The NY Jets are off to the Big Easy for a game that should be anything but. Our defense is ranked top five in every important category. Now we face the best and most dynamic offense in the NFL. We also face a very underrated defense led by former Jet, Jonathan Vilma. I predicted the New Orleans Saints as an elite squad this year and I also predicted us to lose in week four playing in their dome. Brees is deadly in the controlled conditions that the dome provide.

The key to this game simply revolves around our ground game. In order for us to keep winning we need our two pro-bowl backs, and our VERY highly paid O-line, to start imposing their will. I don't care what defense we face, 14 carries for 20 yards is unacceptable. Our secondary will have it's work cut out for it, but I am interested in how our LB's with respond. Having the luxury of two outstanding ILB's will pay off this week. Former NY Giant Jeremy Shockey could be a real X-factor in this game. Who will be assigned to shut down this University of Miami alumni?

I like to look at the season in four quarters much like a game. If we are 3-1 and healthy after the 1st quarter of the season we will be in an excellent position moving forward. A loss this week may take the wind out of the sails for some Jets fans, but I am confident that Rex won't let his team turn this into a let down. I feel the Saints are the best overall team in the league right now and they are my choice to represent the NFC in the Superbowl. If we can somehow squeak out a win in their house, I will officially rank us as a top 5 team.

No comments:

Post a Comment