Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kris Jenkins and another episode of Hard KnockZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


I am on record as being a big Big Jenks fan. When he went down with yet another major injury last season I heavily endorsed bringing him back in 2010 just because of what he brings to the locker room and practice field. The one positive thing I can take from this season of Hard Knocks is that everything I have read about Jenkins is true. He is a natural leader and motivator.

Our young budding DE Ropati Pitoitua is 6'8" and at least 315LBS. He has been showing real promise and was unfortunately injured during the Carolina game. He is lost for the season, but should be able to make a comeback in 2011. He was in too much pain to walk to the medical cart. Jenkins picked him up off the bench and carried him at least 20ft to the cart. That conjured up memories of Hulk Hogan body slamming Andre the Giant in Wrestle Mania III. That was simply amazing!

My overall feelings about Hard Knocks is that it is boring, and I have been a fan of the show years past. It is unbelievably slow paced. For some reason this weeks episode focused on Mike Westoff's disdain for WR David Clowney and the hazing of a young rookie DB. I felt the hazing footage was a bit overly graphic, and I don't see how showing a meeting where all of the coaches are tearing Clowney apart helps this player or this team. The only reason I feel we agreed to do this show as an organization was out of desperation... desperation to sell PSL's and tickets. As each week passes I feel this show can only hurt us as a team. I think Tom Brady and I will both be watching something else next Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment