Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl XLIV


In a few short hours the two premiere QB's in the NFL will go head to head in south florida. This is tough call for me. I predicted that the Colts wouldn't make it to the big game, and I also started calling the Saints the best team in football back in June ( June 1st post ) and September ( September 28th post ).

So, obviously I think the Saints will win SB XLIV... right? It's not that easy when you are playing against the greatest QB in the leagues history. When I say he is the greatest, it's only my opinion. However, all I can say is not only is he a MVP and a Superbowl champion, he will also hold every passing record when he retires. His resume is not why I hold him in the highest regard... it's because he plays the position on a completely different level than any of his legendary predecessors. I could spend hours singing #18's praises, but this post is about the biggest game of the year.

I am choosing the Saints to win this game because I want to trust myself. Over and over I have pointed out how balanced and well coached this squad is. Even though the Colts have stepped it up in the post season and are also playing well on both sides of the ball, I think the Saints advantage is in the coaching department. The Colts best coach and football mind is going to be in uniform behind center... the Saints have the best offensive mind in the league as their head coach and their defensive coordinator Greg Williams has done a brilliant job this year and has been getting it done around the league for decades.

Jonathan Vilma is my player to watch in this game. He has an unbelievable skill set for a LB and is very intelligent. He came up in a semi-professional football program at the University of Miami and was the defensive rookie of the year and a probowler for the NY Jets. He has picked up right where he left off in the big easy, and I truly feel he has a championship heart. I see him with at least one sack, 1 INT, and a dozen tackles... oh, and one defensive TD.

As for the final score... Saints 38 Colts 24. WHO DAT?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment