Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

My first annual "ALL-Wagner Team"


Copyright- Main Entry: copy-right The exclusive legal right to reproduce, publish, sell, or distribute the form and matter of something.

I am sure John Madden is much too busy counting video game royalties to check my blog and prosecute me for stealing his intellectual property. So, without further adieu... heres my list of players who best exemplify how the game of football should be played. If I could choose any players for my own NFL Franchise, this would be the squad. (Don't expect a lot of Jets).

QB- Eli Manning: I love his ultra stable, level headed approach to the game. He has a big arm, can perform under pressure, runs a great 2min offense, and has yet to miss a game with injury.

RB- Chris Johnson: He is the only back in the NFL today that plays his position like the RB's I grew up watching as a kid. He is not just a little guy with a fast 4o yard dash time. He is a complete player. Joseph Addai gets an honorable mention here, but he is simply injured too often.

FB- Vonta Leach (Houston Texans): He has 388 yards receiving and 3 yards rushing in his 8 year career. Not a real threat to make the H.OF., however he is big, strong and know how to lead block. I also like my FB's with a scary headhunter name like 'VONTA'.

WR1- Calvin Johnson: 6'5" 240lbs, and a nickname like 'Megatron'. My kinda player... He may very well be the best overall player in the entire NFL at any position. If I was starting a franchise he would be player #1... and I have never felt that way about a WR.

WR2- Donald Driver: 34 years young. He can't have more than one or two good years left, but he is such a pleasure to watch. 100% on every play... every week.

TE- Vernon Davis: He owes his soul to Mike Singeltary. Not only has he become disciplined and focused, but he is starting to shine like a superstar. He is fast, has amazing hands and makes plays when it counts.

LT- Joe Thomas: If you need someone to guard your blindside... this is the man.
LG- Chris Kemoeatu: He took Alan Faneca's job... thats all I have to say.
C- Nick Mangold: A NY Jet sighting on my list... finally.
RG- Chris Snee: Great run blocker, very durable.
RT- Michael Oher: His story was enough to earn him a spot here.

DT1- Kevin Williams: my first player from the Vikings D-line. Best DT I have ever seen in football.
DT2- Pat Williams: Here's #2.
LE- Jared Allen: and #3... best pass rusher in the game today.
RE- Justin Tuck: He is the scariest looking guy next to Calvin Pace in the league. If I was a blocker who had to line up across from #91... I think I would just weep, I wouldn't even be able to fake being tough.

LOLB- Manny Lawson: 6'5" and 240lbs of pure terror. He is starting to come into his own and if he truly develops he will be unstoppable.
ILB- Ray Lewis: I usually like younger players, and I hate old men that hang around the NFL past their prime. This may very well be Ray-Ray's last effective season, but he is playing his heart out. His energy is infectious. Closest thing I have seen to Singeltary's ferocity in his prime.
ILB2- Paul Posluszny: One of the most underrated LB's in the NFL. He can do it all. He has struggled with injuries. If he can stay healthy for a stretch he can lift the Bills defense to the next level.
ROLB- James Harrison: He's 6'0" tall and 242lbs. Watching him play I would have said he is at least 6'4" and 260. I like DeMarcus Ware more as an all around athlete, but Harrison is a savvy street fighter on Sundays. He doesn't have Ware's natural physical gifts but he makes up for it with one massive chip on his shoulder.

CB1- Darrelle Revis: Our bright spot during a dark season. He's the one player that Jets fans can be proud of week in and week out. Thank you Darrelle. His domination of Moss, Andre Johnson, Colston, and T.O. has been a spectacle to behold in 2009.
CB2- Asante Samuel: He may be better than Revis, but I can't give a former Patriot that much credit. Call it a personality flaw. He's lucky he plays in Philly... or he wouldn't have made this list.
SS- Chris Hope: One of the most solid safteys in the NFL for almost a decade. If you don't know his name, shame on you!
FS- Darren Sharper: 7 INT's, 317 return yards and 3 defensive TD's... in only 10 games... at 34 years of age. Sharper, Vilma and those outstanding defensive ends have made the Saints squad one of the most complete this league has to offer.

Happy Thanx Givin'... I'm off to eat my Turduckin'... and then a little Madden 10 (There's a free plug John, now we are even!)

No comments:

Post a Comment