Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Absolut Bullshit"... A study in douche-baggery

This one is for all of you oblivious so called Jets fans still walking around in your #4 NY Jets jerseys.

It's August 8th 2008. The Jets sign Mr. Favre and band-wagoners across the Tri-State run out to be the first on their block to own a #4 jersey. I had a near miss myself back in the 08' pre-season. My fiance had a plan to buy me a Favre jersey to wear for the introductions at our wedding reception. I caught wind of that plan and put the kibosh on it just in the nick of time.

I'm not a big jersey guy, I currently own a Revis jersey, a custom Jet jersey with my last name on it (was given as a gift) and a throw back, powder blue Warren Moon jersey (#1 baby). I'm 33 years old and rarely wear them in public. I told anyone that would listen that I would not only buy a Favre jersey, but I would wear it proudly... just as soon as #4 delivered a championship to the green and white.

Obviously that never happened. At the end of the day its a game, and it should be all about having fun. If you got pumped up when Brett came to town, good for you. You went out and got the jersey, and for the first half of 08' I will admit it was kinda' exciting.

But, after the way things went down... after he asked to be released and headed off to greener (no pun intended) pastures in Minnesota............ after he cost us a valuable 3rd round pick and all we got was one 9-7 season out of it......... after he threw our GM under the bus regarding his injury "cover-up" for no reason......... and even after he went on to make it very clear to the media that he feels his 09' team is far superior to his 08' squad........

After all of this... you are still walking around wearing that ridiculous #4. Dude, take it off and deal with the fact that your $74.99 is gone, and it's not coming back. Maybe if good old (and I do mean old) Brett spit in your mothers face you might consider retiring that abomination and having some pride.

On the same subject, I was having a talk with the beautiful women who is now my wife, and I made one request of her. I said 'Babe, when I die do one thing for me... please make sure I am not buried in a football jersey'.

No comments:

Post a Comment