Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Playoff predictions including my Superbowl picks...


In the AFC the Colts and Chargers should be the two top seeds. The Pats should win the East. I am not convinced the Bengals have the North locked up. The Ravens have a harder schedule, but they are very dangerous. I have a feeling they will steal the division, and the Bengals will be the wildcard. As for the other wildcard, I would watch out for Jacksonville.

In the NFC the Saints, Cards and Vikings have all clinched their division. The first wildcard should be Green Bay, no question. As for the winner of the NFC East and which team will take the other wildcard... thats a tough question. I see the Eagles winning the division and Dallas as the final playoff team from the NFC.

My final four would be Green Bay and the Saints on the NFC side and the Colts and Chargers from the AFC.

And finally: I predict a Saints/ Chargers Superbowl with Brees getting revenge against the team that dumped him after a minor shoulder injury. This is a the Saints year, but for me the real story would be how A.J. Smith, the Chargers GM, drafted both of the starting QB's in the same Superbowl. That would be a hell of a thing to put on ones resume.

The great thing about the NFL is that there is only two weeks left in the season, and I could be wrong about the teams who actually make the postseason, not to mention the Superbowl teams. One of the real variables in Pro Football is how quickly a teams fate can be altered by one play. All of my top four teams have elite QB's, and a significant injury can happen at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment