Search This Blog

Monday, July 6, 2009

Just a quick observation about Chad...


If they ever make a movie about Chad Pennington, Steve Carell would be perfect to play him. Carell, with a dirty blonde wig, is the spitting image of Chad. The question is who would play Herm Edwards in the movie???? I guess he's a good enough actor, he could play himself. 

Quick fact about Chad...  his name is actually James. Chad is his middle name. James Chadwick Pennington. That is the nerdiest, dorkiest name I have ever heard. That being said, the guy is one hell of a warrior on the field. 

I am a BIG fan of Chad and his character. He was the type of player you could root for. At one time we had Chad, Curtis and Wayne on the same squad. That was a special group. He will always be a player I remember fondly and my second favorite Jets QB ( #12 forever baby!). 

I still feel in my heart that he will somehow win a Superbowl before he retires the old rotator cuff for good. I won't jump on the front office for dumping him, and I must say he would fit our 09' Jets very well. He can manage a ball control offense as good as anyone.

I can't be a hypocrite though, I was glad to see him move on. He has major limitations, and frankly I was tired of watching that same brand of football every week. I wasn't glad to get Favre, but I did feel we needed to move on as an organization. We gave Chad six years as a starter to make it happen, at some point you need change. 

I will continue to root for James... I mean Chad. I hope he gets his ring because he has the heart of a champion... I just hope it's not with Miami!

No comments:

Post a Comment